New Transaction Fees Starting March 1, 2021
Effective March 1, 2021 the Credit Union is implementing a nominal fee of $1.00 to cover the cost of processing the following transactions:
- phone requests for balance transfers (due to increased security concerns transfers will only be allowed to those accounts you are on; transfers in or out of your account to another account holder will not be allowed)
- in person print-out requests of your account history
- phone requests to review checks that have cleared or deposits that have occurred
Quick & Easy Ways to Transfer Funds, Access Account History & More for FREE!
To avoid a $1.00 processing fee on the above transactions you are encouraged to check out the following free convenient remote banking options, which are available 24 hours a day:
Enables you to not only transfer funds between savings and checking accounts but gives you the ability to pay your bills without the need to write and mail checks, find out which checks have cleared and when your deposits were credited, obtain your balances, make loan payment transfers, and securely receive your periodic Credit Union statements by email. In addition, there are other convenient features you will find useful and which will give you round-the-clock access to your finances via a smart phone, tablet, or desktop computer regardless of where you live, work or travel.
Simply click on the following link (or add it to your browser) to self-enroll in Virtual Branch today: https://www.sommfcu.com/online-services/virtual-branch/
24 Hour Telephone Teller
Some methods never go out of style! If you are not a big fan of technology, you can use any phone (smart phone or land line) to conduct dozens of basic transactions including:
- Balance inquiries
- Transferring of funds between accounts
- Loan payment transfers
- Find out which checks have cleared & which deposits were credited
Simply call the Credit Union at 617-625-0898 and ask for your 4-digit PIN to be set up.
You can obtain balance inquiries, cash withdrawals and transfers at thousands of ATMs found at the following ATM networks: